Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation. For more information click here.
What We're Doing at South Plains Mall
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Our center has a recently upgraded HVAC system that minimize our energy usage and lower our carbon footprint.
- Lighting levels were changed in the mall to support green intiatives and save energy.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- Most of our restrooms are equipped with electric hand dryers instead of using paper towels.
- We've adjusted heating/cooling levels throughout the center and mall office to save energy and reduce our carbon footprint.
- Occupancy sensors are installed in employee areas to ensure that lights are off while the rooms are not in use.